Saturday 28 March 2015

Punch Art Cardinal

Hey! It's Saturday and it's the first day of the Easter holidays for UK schools, so I'm feeling great, lots of crafting time ahead. It's also time for a new challenge from52{Christmas} Card Throwdown. Occasionally we 'Throwdown' a technique challenge for you to follow and this week it is

I always turn to Pintrest for this kind of challenge and look for something to adapt and this time I found an idea for this little chap


I would love to see a real one, where do they live? I'm guessing in the USA since they are often on holiday cards from the States. He was made using a couple of circle die cuts, a scalloped circle and a couple of offcuts made into triangles. I am very happy that sticking him together means that I can enter this weeks challenge at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge, it's a fun challenge blog with lots of prizes for those of us who love to create for Christmas all year round.


The background for my bird www stamped with snowflakes using the resist technique and the branch is, of course, Ornamental Pine, stamped in Mossy Meadow. I added the little ornament hanging in his beak thanks to some bakers' twine. It is stamped and embossed in silver, on red card to match the bird.


Here you can see dimensional elements on the card. The red card is also slightly textured. 
An oldie sentiment stamped in the corner. The ladies on the DT at 52 CCT have some fab ideas for this challenge, all different so hop on over and have a look.

9 comments:

  1. Great punch art Louise. Cardinals give a real pop of colour to any card, don't they? Love how you've given him a bauble to hold too. So glad you enjoyed this week's challenge. Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww!!! What a cool card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise, he's a Cardinal. Yes, they do live in the States and they are absolutely beautiful. I get to see them from time to time flashing through the trees. As always, it's the male that is bright red!!

    Your card is lovely, and I do like the bauble he's carrying! Great work xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. il est super joli ce cardinal Louise, ta carte est magnifique, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. your sweet winter bird looks fantastic - great card

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great and so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I want to see a Cardinal too! Such a great card, Louise. He is so cute and I love that he is carrying a bauble, April Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I know cardinals - they are the state bird of Virginia, where I live! Yours is so cheery, showing off his ornament in the snow. You did a super job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 222 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx