Wednesday 1 October 2014

Birds on a Wire

The Male Room is offering you a sketch this week to challenge you to create masculine projects. It's a real good one too!


I took a couple of liberties; firstly I have rotated the sketch and secondly I moved the sentiment to inside the shape, but apart from that I think you can see the basic elements.



I wanted you use a new stamp I bought over the summer, Birds on a Wire from Inkylicious. I teamed it up with some DP from Stampin Up and some Lost 
Lagoon cs. I sponged  around the image lightly with some Distress Ink, and die cut a sentiment, stamped using the new Simply Celebrate stamp set. I've kept it very monochrome, as its a card for a 
man, it's actually for my son who has just gone away to university. I like the image of the birds gathering on the wire, very 'end of summer'













7 comments:

  1. Louise - I love your take on the sketch (I often play about with sketches). I think the bird on a wire stamp is super, just right for all sorts of occasions! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - the stamp is gorgeous, might have to add it to my ever increasing"wish" list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, my Grandfather would have loved this card, beautiful colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet birds on the wire image! Great way to interpret the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woow this is so lovely I love the birds on your card and all the blue on your card too you change the sketch...clever card...I was having difficulty to choose which Image I should put following the sketch and you choose the birds to change the sketch really clever to put the hello there...I just join the sketch challenge at TMR..maybe if you have time would you like as DT member to visiting me back..I would be so thankfull if you like to leave me some love too...big hugs, Monika (I love to make manly card and can not stand to following manly card challenge :) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous - love that stamp - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx