Thursday 26 November 2015

Trying Too Hard?

Just got to n very late from a trip to Liverpool to visit my son and remembered on the long drive home that I had forgotten to write my post for CAS Colours & Sketches, as I'm the hostess this week that is a bit of a big deal, so it's 11 pm and I'm writing it now!
For the fourth Thursday in November ( and a very Happy Thanksgiving to all of you celebrating in the US) it is a sketch and when I came up with this one I was rather pleased with myself. Yesterday when I was trying to make my card I was less pleased, it was so hard! So, if you give it a go you will certainly get a complimentary comment from me! Here is the offending sketch ( no one else to blame for it, just me)

When I sat down to craft my card I thought about cutting two circles of DP, but it just wasn't enough for m. I saw that a couple of my  teamies had already created cards like that ( and they are fab too) but I thought I needed to show a different way. 


I remembered making 3D baubles one Christmas and wondered if it would work with half circles. Well, what do you think?


I used a Kraft card blank, some pearlised gold card and then some Kraft and white/ red papers to make the baubles


I used washi tape for the greeting and the only stamping on my card are the two little bows, carefully positioned and stamped in Stayzon to ensure they didn't smudge on the pearlised card




3 comments:

  1. Wonderful 3D effect, inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your festive baubles are such a good idea for your sketch Louise. Thanks for all your brilliant challenges this month! Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dimension adds a fun touch to your card! It reminds me a bit of the "honeycomb" decorations that were popular when I was a kid. (Well, I guess maybe they are still popular - but it seemed like every classroom in school had them when I was growing up!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx