Thursday 5 November 2015

Blackberries, Mustard and Chocolate!

All through November it is my turn to host the challenges at CAS Colours & Sketches. I've been on this team since its inception, nearly three years ago! Clean and simple is definitely the style I have grown into, I do try others some times but my CAS cards are always my favourites. This week I chose some warm, spicy colours for everyone to play with


I had so many ideas for this one but it was at my monthly craft club meeting that this card finally took shape, as we experimented with heat embossing onto dark cardstock. One of the crafters there had made a square card with four panels of a repeated sentiment. I have adapted her design, with three panels on a rectangular card base. It's hard to see the Blackberry Bliss well on these shots, but in real life it looks gorgeously rich and dark.


I used the boldest sentiment I have, from the Happiest Birthday Wishes set- I really could do with buying some more sentimental  sets. Any recommendations?


I didn't have the mustard colour card, so instead I used the ink pad to colour up a piece of white card. It worked just fine after I had left it to dry for a while


The base is made from SU naturals white card, it matched the Vanilla colour of my embossing powder better than white. Lots of dimension here, with the sentiment panels popped up on foam lads, along with the naturals white mat. I think my card has come out quite masculine, not on purpose, but I'm fine with that...lots of men in my family will be needing a card soon.
Hope you get chance to have a go with these colours, can't wait to see your creations.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always so jealous when I see this stamp set being used! And it looks absolutely fabulous repeated in the three current colours. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely graphic card, yes it would be fine for a chap but it is stylish enough for anyone really.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx