Thursday 9 October 2014

Corduroy and Mustard

For my card this week at CAS Colours and Sketches I have to admit I was a bit stumped at first. It is a sketch challenge week and here is the sketch


It reminded me of a file and I wasn't quite sure what to do with it. I do as I always do when short on ideas, I searched the Internet for inspiration. I found a card that I thought I could adapt and pinned it see here. Then I thought about it for a couple of days.  Here is my version, quite different from the original.






 I used Brushed Corduroy ink and More Mustard, and some DP from a stampin up. You can see that I rotated the sketch too. I love the row of stamped circle images, from a Serene Silhouettes, they have real depth, thanks to some masking.
The grasses and flowers were stamped first in the brown ink and then slightly off to one side (using my Stamp-A-Majig) in the Mustard, to give a shadow to the image They are from a retired set called Just Believe which I borrowed from a friend, who then said I could keep the set as she no longer wanted it.....I am so lucky to have such a kind and generous friend and I'm going to make lots of cards with this one, it might be old but it's new to me! I used the tag top punch and some brown card stock and a couple of brown rhinestones.

2 comments:

  1. Love this - great take on the sketch - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice score on the stamp set - it's a lovely one! I like how you've used the different images from it here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx