Thursday 16 October 2014

Autumn Oldies

I am having a thing at the moment about using old stamp sets and this morning I have dusted off a real favourite of mine that got shoved to the back of the drawer, French Foliage. It's perfect for Autumnal cards and this morning I have used it for a colour challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches


I love these colours together. They are quite 'floral' but today I've made them into leaves, although the deep Mossy Meadow green only gets a token showing in my card as a layer and for stamping the sentiment.


 

I made the panel, stamping the leaves and layered up on the three colours of card stock. Then I stuck this on the inside of my card and cut the front panel to expose the mat.



I stamped and fussy cut out one leaf which I added on foam pads to the slim front of the card and stamped the sentiment from Wetlands (another all time favourite stamp set ) just above.

Just to prove my point about 'floral' this is the card I first made for the challenge, using Work Of Art and Best of Flowers stamp sets



4 comments:

  1. two lovely cards ,
    ;-)
    francisca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these colours! Love the falling leaves on your first card. The CAS style of your second card is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fab cards Louise - love how you made the first it's very unusual - J xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had thought about leaves, too, and went the floral route instead! LOL You've done a terrific job with yours - they give your card a masculine feel. I really like the sunset look of the colors behind the silhouetted flowers on the other card, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx