Monday 25 November 2013

Moon and Stars

I spent much of Sunday going through all the Christmas cards I've made this year as my husband and Mum both want cards to send to family and friends.  I must admit quite a few made it to the recycling pile - I just wasn't happy with them for all sorts of reasons. It's funny how you can like something you've made and then completely go off it. Well, I hope I won't go off this card (with only 4 weeks to go I doubt I'll have time!)
I was inspired by two challenges.  The first is Cupcake Inspirations where they have these fabulous cupcakes

Don't they look amazing?? Then, the challenge at Make My Mondayis for contemporary Christmas cards-just the sort I'm really getting into.
Here is my card
 As you can see I've taken the moon and stars theme from the cake, using gold glitter card, and combined it with some Gorgeous Grunge stamping (my fave set at the moment) A die cut 'Christmas' from Memory Box and some silver and midnight cs complete the project.
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT - absolutely stunning - I want to make one just like it! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab little card, Louise - I love how you used the inspiration from the cupcakes to make your contemporary themed card. Thanx for sharing with us at Make My Monday.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing card, perfect for our challenge
    thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx