Thursday 11 July 2013

Wild and Free

Today I have a card based on a sketch which I posted on the CAS _Colours and Sketches challenge blog. It is very CAS I think, and I didn't have any particular idea in mind when I made the sketch.  But then, at our local craft club we spent an evening making our own washi tape, using a variety of masking tapes, some Promarkers and stamps, and the basis of my card was born.  Take a look at the sketch first

I thought rounded edges would be fun, and then almost forgot to do it! They are optional on the challenge.



My card has two homemade washi tapes, the wide zebra stripe and the narrower leopard skin. They were stamped using some Inkadoo stamps.  The lion, from Zoo Review, is stamped in Chocolate Chip. I've put the sentiment inside as you can see-not very original but it does fit the whole design. I've deliberately kept  colour out, using the Naturals Ivory card on a kraft base to give an African 'feel' to this masculine card. Speaking of cards for men, keep your eyes open for some very exciting news here very soon ;).

5 comments:

  1. Love your wild card! How creative making your own washi tape! Im also loving all those neutral tones xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, Louise! This was a fun sketch - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome washi tape that you created Louise. I must admit that I wasn't expecting that funny sentiment on the inside - it made me giggle. Terrific masculine card and a wonderful way to use that sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors, tapes and lion image all work really well together for the safari feel of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - your designer washi tape if fab - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx