Thursday 25 July 2013

Raspberry Ripple Daisies

My final week as hostess at CAS Colours and Sketches, I've loved choosing the sketches and colour combos and writing the posts, but it will be nice to hand it back too! This time of course it's a sketch, this one...

Nice and simple, I had thought that I would use a ribbon for the shape on the right, but you know how it is, things change when you get started and I ended up using some (homemade) washi tape.What I am really pleased with is the colour duo of Raspberry Ripple and Summer Starfruit, that's all I used.


The stamp is from Best Of Flowers and the butterfly is from Butterfly Potpourri.  The sentiment is actually from Best Ever Dad, though I don't think I would give this card to my Dad! I've stamped the flowers on an aquapainted background and then stamped off to get the shadow effect. The washi tape (actually masking tape) was also coloured with these two shades and stamped with the daisies using a Raspberry Ripple Stampwrite marker. If you try this then you need to let the ink dry for quite a while, I actually used my heat gun to speed up the drying process, The little butterfly has two small starfruit coloured gems

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, Louise! The colors remind me of a sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've used this image both vertically and horizontally! The sponging really brings out the beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx