Tuesday 15 May 2012

Flowers and Music



Good Morning! The card I have made this morning hopefully covers two challenges in one! Make My Monday - Flowers and Music and The Dynamic Duos. Using only Pool Party and So Saffron clours I have made this spring card, featuring flowers die cut from sheet music. I used sheet music cut from an old piano music book (my children gave up playing years ago and now I've found a new use for their old music books - crafting!). I coloured the music paper and used buttons cut from Pool Party cardstock, using SU's embosslits set Sweet Buttons.  Layering these up on a big note shape cut from So saffron cardstock I assembled the card, adding a sentiment and strip of So Saffron and more embosslit buttons. Some faux stitching and the strip matches the big note. Off to see my Mum and Dad now!

13 comments:

  1. A very pretty card Louise - thanks for joining us again at MMM - Jacqueline xx
    (ps - congratulations on making the top 3 again!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layers of flowers cut from a music sheet on top of the top note. What a pretty card. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of clever layering here Louise! I love the effect of the coloured music paper for the flowers. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Louise - it's a great card. Love the colours you used. Lovely to see you at Make My Monday again! Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FABULOUS creation! LOVE all the layers--I know it sounds redundant from the other comments, but I really do! The coloring is fabulous, and the use of the die cuts is wonderful! :) Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card with a great design and adore how you used the music paper.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the musical flowers and the sprinkling of buttons. I bet it is fun in real life with the spring! So glad you could join us for our Dynamic Duo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty and musical flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever way to use old sheet music! I'm going to have to remember that one! I need to start teaching my children piano this summer, so I'll be using ours for a while yet, but I'm going to be keeping this idea tucked away for the future!!! :)

    Love your layered card! The button die centers on the flowers are a perfect embellishment! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you cut the flowers from sheet music! I also love how you layered the Top Note background. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Louise, thank you for joining in at MMM with this very pretty card, such a lot going on, great colours
    suzi b :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very pretty card. Thanks so much for joining us at MMM.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really lovely card Louise and love all the layers. Lucky you to have music books to use too as I have to buy mine from second hand book shops!
    Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Make My Monday and wishing you good luck.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx