Wednesday 17 August 2016

Swirly Whirly Hippyy Card

At The Male Room, a challenge blog for masculine cards and projects, we have a fun technique challenge starting today,


I have done this a few times, but I don't have many reinkers, so when I found out you could use food colouring instead I was up for it. I also make a few sheets while I'm there to store away for another time as you can keep going with the same foam, getting a slightly different pattern each time. I have used mine as a background for a bold sentiment


The squares at the bottom are square, metallic brads. They remind me of cuff links and are great for a bit of bling on a masculine card. I bought them awhile back in Michaels, on one of my holidays and only have two more sets of 3 left 😞


I stamped the sentiment in Versamark before heat embossing in silver. Now, here's a thing; the embossing did not come up all crisp as I always prefer, oh no, it canme up a bit fuzzy. I am not sure why, as I had made the background the day before and it was completely dry. I had tried to brush off some of the excess


You will see what I mean in the close up shot above. But, in this case, I think it goes with the swirly whirly background, like a hippy tie die T shirt, if you know what I mean..
The others on the DT have made some fantastic cards using this fun and easy technique, Ian sure you will too. Tragically, I ripped the stamp when removing it from the block, so this is probably my last card using the image. Shame, as I haven't had it very long and I liked it particularly for masculine cards.

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. Love the colours and the embossed sentiment. The square brads are just super too. xxx

    So sorry that the stamp has died - maybe you can find another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it always favourite stamps that get destroyed, so annoying! Great shaving foam results and I'm, wondering if the embossing powder or ink reacted with it and that's why it's fuzzy. Still looks fabulous and very in context with the background though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a stamper, so thought your stamp was supposed to look like that and actually I LOVE the effect. A fabulous card and perfect for a male.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fab, I like the fuzzy edge on the background. Did you use an anti-static bag before you stamped? Some powders are more fly away than others. A great look all the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx