Wednesday 6 January 2016

Happy New Year

It seems such a long time since I posted on here. Just want to wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year with lots of fun, laughter and, of course, crafting. I'm so looking forward to 2016- I was very lucky to receive tickets for some awesome events for Christmas, so I will be off to London soon for the first one of those, to see WarHorse in the West End, before it closes in March.
Anyway, back to today, here are a couple of New Year cards I've made for the Anything Goes challenge at The Mail Room. The inspiration for both came from some sheets of A4 patterned paper which I was given a few years ago! (New Year Resolution- stop hoarding paper!). I used my nesting star dies and layered up the large stars


In both cases I used part of a sentiment from the set Happy Hour (the only new year greeting I could find) and stamped in Versamark and embossed in silver. On the second card I was brave enough to do this direct on the large star.



That's all really. Not very complicated, the paper is the main POI and it is glittery, adding texture and bling but in a masculine way. Yesterday, when I made them the white one was my favourite, today, looking at these photos I like the blue one best!
Hope 2016 is amazing for you!

3 comments:

  1. I think both these New Year cards are super. I do like the crisp, graphic design. Sparkle too!! xx

    Enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what a New Year card should be - sparkling stars to welcome a sparkling new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love stars, these are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx