Thursday 16 April 2015

CAS Modern Art card

My second colour choice for CAS Colours & Sketches is a yummy threesome of purple, turquoise and red or if you like


I like using Off The Grid for feminine cards and it was my base for starting this card. I've bought a blender tool...don't know how I ever managed without one! It gives such an even finish, I love the effect of brayering but I still haven't mastered the technique and end up with sharp edges, the blender worked fine and gave a deeper more even finish than the brushes I usually use. Anyway, I blended the three colours onto white card and stamped over, using an image from Best Of Flowers. I offset the panels and assed three gems.


Two of the panels are popped up on foam pads and I added a sentiment from another stamp set. The card reminds me of art in a modern art gallery, although I would never call my work 'art'!


It's another tent fold card, that's just the kind of mood I've been in lately



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love these colours and the daisy image is so pretty! Great sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've really shown the colours off perfectly, super card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've created your floral panels here - you seem to have mastered the blending tool! I need to practice more with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've every right to call it art, I think you've created a wonderful card for this week's challenge Louise. Love the colours! Stef x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx