Wednesday 12 November 2014

A Gold Watch Retirement card

Followers will know that I am on the DT at The Male Room, a challenge blog for all mas culine inspired projects. The new challenge this morning is TIME. I am afraid I'm not very original with this one. I remembered when my Grandfather retired they presented him with a gold watch (yes, it was a very long time ago!) and so I based my card on that.

I used a piece of newsprint DP and kraft cardstock and Off The Grid and Gorgeous Grunge - these seem to be my 'go to' sets for male cards



The watch was stamped and then heat embossed with gold. It is from a magazine freebie set, along with the cogs. I've added a gem brad at the centre and some twine.

 

The sentiment inside is from Inkylicious. I think I used it because it reminded me of my Grandad Fred, a first world war veteran, and as I made this card yesterday, on Remembrance Day in the UK, it seemed very apt.  Grandad passed away many years ago but I often think of him. My card is supposed to be for a retirement, may be the words aren't that suitable for that occasion but I;m going to roll with it.


7 comments:

  1. I think your card is super. The newsprint background, the embossed pocket watch (my grandfather had one too) and the perfect grungy stamps - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect theme for a retirement card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, especially the sentiment. The ink blots and cogs are a great touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. très original et superbe, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a very handsome card, with lots of great details. I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect card for retirement - fab details - J xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect card - the different elements work so well together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx