Saturday 9 August 2014

Soft and Creamy

Week two of Christmas in August and at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown we have a soft and creamy colour challenge for you to play with
I almost never combine cream and white, neither do I like mixing metallics so this was a difficult challenge for me to get my head around, but I am really pleased with the way it turned out, once I got started (with a little help from a friend!)


This is not a holiday stamp at all, but heat embossed in white on a cream card it takes on a frosty feeling, highlighted with tiny dashes of gold and silver glitter, The sentiment is a silver peel-off, which I also used last week, as are the tiny gold stars. I'm going to link up to Completely Christmas where anything goes.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Design just perfect for our challenge over at Completely Christmas....Thank you for sharing with us,
    we look forward to you joining in with the fun again next time...
    Hugs
    Suzy B ( Owner )
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely FABULOUS texture here, Louise! LOVE that beautiful image! Have a great weekend! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Design just perfect for our challenge over at Completely Christmas....Thank you for sharing with us,
    we look forward to you joining in with the fun again next time...
    Hugs
    Suzy B ( Owner )
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise - I think this is absolutely gorgeous - the image really has an ethereal beauty! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Louise, quelle finesse et quelle délicatesse, elle est trop belle, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - you've definitely captured a frosty feeling with this image. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this stamp Louise, it's a real favourite of mine and I love how you've used it for a Christmas card, giving the image a frosty feel!

    I think you did a great job with the colours - despite your initial reservations! I was struggling with the idea of this colour combo too but once I embraced it and just got down to getting on with it I ended up loving it!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a challenging one for me too. I think you knocked it out of the ballpark though! Such a soft and dreamy wintery feel you achieved. nice job! Hugs d

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx