Saturday 19 April 2014

3, 2 1

This one stumped me for a while! At 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Deborah has a theme for us to work with this week- The 12 Days Of Christmas, isn't that a clever idea?


 But, what to do when you don't have any suitable images? Many crafters will look for digital images and I know there are lots out there which, if you are an expert colourer (is that a word?), will look absolutely fabulous, but I've never really got to grips with them. So, I decided to improvise with my Flock Together stamp set. I knew there was a little partridge-like bird...


 and I thought the two sitting birds could easily be 2 turtle doves..


Of course there are two little hens in the set, which with a little bit of crafting magic, can become....


three french hens

All I needed was a tree to complete my 12 Days Of Christmas themed card. I added some washi tapes - I wanted to add the music one to keep with thee theme, but it looked better combined with the other two. I've stamped a Christmas greeting inside.


Hope you enjoyed the story of how my card evolved, for that is surely what it did, and are inspired to give our challenge a go even if you don't have quite the right thing in your stash!

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant!!!! I love the background with the stamping and washi tape. I love the way you've used all the birds in your tree - absolutely inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how you got crafty and managed to cover the first 3 days with what you had already. Nice job clever lady! Hugs!! D

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable Louise, tout les détails y sont et l'ensemble est superbe, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise, what a fabulous and fun card, your birdies really made me smile! I love the fact you included some musical washi tape to tie in with the song theme! You did a wonderful job with the theme, some out of the box thinking for sure - ingenious!
    Have a great rest of the week! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how very crafty, Louise! Every detail so well thought out... pure genius, my friend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx