Saturday 15 February 2014

Swinging Deer

I hope on this soggy Saturday morning that the weather is being kinder to you, wherever you are! At least we can snuggle in the warm and dry and craft! Of course, at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown we have another Christmas challenge for you and this week we have a theme


First off, I'm not the best with scenes, so I've only used a small panel, and the theme is quite simple, but that's OK. I have however made a swinging panel card, courtesy of a tutorial from my crafty friend Jacqueline, so I'm very pleased with how it turned out.


I used my Aspen tree stencil to create the tree scene and added two die cut deer in the deep red colour to match the coordinating papers . The circular panel twists around when you open the card to reveal the sentiment, heat embossed in gold and from Delightful Dozen. I used punched out holly leaves to cover the cut edge.


Over at the blog the DT have been amazingly creative with the theme of Christmas landscapes, do have a look at their fabulous work and I look forward to seeing yours!

12 comments:

  1. LOVE this clean crisp look, Louise. You've kept it strong and vibrant...it'll be good card for a man, I think. Have a lovely (dry) weekend!
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only used stencils once, and I'm hooked! This one with the trees is definitely going to be put on my wishlist! This is a lovely card, equally perfect for a man as for a woman - I like that about a card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Great papers and the winter trees with the deer are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the fun fold, Louise! And the traditional colors are amazing! LOVE the fabulous trees you used and the beautiful deer cut outs! That holly border is just perfect, too! :) HUGS and have a great weekend! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an unusual style of card Louise! I love your scene and the sentiment is a real favourite of mine - it looks fabulous embossed in gold! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable Louise, j'adore ces jolis rennes et cette ambiance forestière, biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wintery scene - and a fun fold card too - perfect! Hugs, Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card Louise, your deer look fab against the trees - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the trees behind the deer Louise - so wonderful. A beautiful scene and a perfect Christmas card. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful card Louise, I love how the circle twists so you can see the sentiment! I think the deer look wonderful against the aspen trees! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very nice card that impresses with its elegant design! Great!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thumbs up to you for stepping outside the box and using a different color scheme than the rest of the 52{C}CT design team! The red deer really pop against the lovely stenciled trees.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx